A TRIBUTE TO HENRY FORD AND JUDY


More particularly, this is a tribute to Judy. Judy is a nurse at Henry Ford Jefferson Clinic.

I sent in a request on Wednesday, via e-mail for a referral to my Chiropractor. First of all, I had been told my insurance did not cover chiropractor, so had never asked before, but the billing clerk in Dr. Kay's office said my insurance told her I was covered. So, nothing ventured, nothing gained, as the saying goes.

I sent the request on Wednesday, but first of all, expected the e-mail to go ignored or be miss filed with someone who was never in the office, or even misrouted by the Henry Ford server to an entirely unrelated clinic or specialty. All of which have happened in the past when trying to use their e-mail system. But to my surprise, amazement and gratitude, my request got to Judy, who called me the first thing Thursday morning and said she was getting the referral I asked for processed, but needed to know why I was seeing a Chiropractor. I told her. Even then, I expected to either never hear of this again, or get a rejection several months from now.

However, on Friday, Judy called again. Not only had she submitted the referral request, but it had been approved starting the day she asked for it, Thursday. She also said she had faxed the completed referral to Dr. Kay's office, but was going to call and make sure they got it. She would also mail me a copy of the referral for my records.

I got the copy on Monday. Hurrah for Judy! Hurrah for Henry Ford Health System!

I was so encouraged by Judy's prompt actions, I decided to try the e-mail prescription renewal option on the Henry Ford Health System web site. A process that failed me more than once in the past. Maybe it will work this time.

Check out Henry Ford Health System by clicking on the title above. Check out Dr. Kay's practice by clicking here--> Yellow Pages Web Site (pay no attention to the pictures, no one from Dr. Kay's office is in them)

Again, HURRAH FOR JUDY!! Thank you for the prompt attention to my e-mail request.

No comments: