FLAG DAY-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER

My mother, Marian Catherine Holmes Starcevic, would have been 91 today.

Happy Birthday Mother

Mother died in 1984. I still miss her terribly.

Mother told me that when she was growing up in Greenfield Ill, population 1200, she thought everyone flew the flag for her on her Birthday. Since her father owned a grocery store and therefore was one of the important members of the community, her assumption was not that far fetched. However, of course, the flags were for Flag Day, not Mother's birthday.

Still, every Flag Day, for that one day only, when I look upon the Stars and Stripes waving in the breeze, I remember Mother.

1 comment:

SafeTinspector said...

I wish I had more memories of her.
As I mentioned on the weekend, I do remember her driving me and Gerald to the beach once in that big Chevy convertible of hers...