SAMANTHA WAS HERE YESTERDAY

Samantha is our only grandchild. You would think with 5 children, depending how you count them, we would have more grandchildren by now, but sadly we do not. We have hopes for the future however. Our youngest is only 19 and still in college, and we are teaching Samantha to tell her mother she wants a little brother that she can boss around. Samantha’s mother who has an older brother might see the appeal of Samantha being able to boss a younger brother around.

Samantha at 3 ½ years is into everything when she is here. She gives lots of kisses and hugs, semi torments the dog, likes to watch cartoons and do anything with Papa, my husband and her default paternal grandpa. She is thankfully less active then her father, my son, who at almost 33 is still extremely hyperactive. He was here too yesterday. I am exhausted today.


Samantha’s father thinks, probably rightly so, that Samantha watches too many cartoons on TV, so, when I finally got her settled down to watch cartoons on the TV in her Aunt Vicky’s room, so Gramma could get a break from her activities, her Dad found her and started chasing her around the house. I found myself yelling, just like I did many years ago, “ Hey you two, no running in the house!”

No comments: