THE PURPLE GANG

I am a proud member of The Purple Gang, a chapter of The Red Hat Society. We meet for lunch and fun the second Saturday of each month. This past Saturday was one of the nicest, not the food, but the company. It is my birthday month and I wore my new purple hat. We normally wear red hats, as the society name implies, but if it is our birthday month we can wear purple hats. Anyway, I got a lot of compliments on my hat, and I got birthday cards and presents. Thanks to all that gave me such nice cards and gifts. Among other wonderful presents, I received a Red Hat Society teddy bear and Glow in the Dark jigsaw puzzle from my Secret Sister and a heart shaped frame Pat gave me. I got other presents too. The conversation that day was good, I felt good, the adult beverages I consumed were good, but the meal was not. Oh well, can’t have everything. There was only one thing missing which would have made the afternoon especially nice. My best friend Karol was not there. We joined The Purple Gang together; almost always go to the meetings together, but this day she had to visit her brother in the hospital in Ohio. Hopefully she can attend again next month. Next Monday, we hope to go to Lansing for a Red Hat doings. See all you Michigan Red Hatters there.

No comments: