SPAM BLOG COMMENTS?











Well, I guess there are now enough bloggers that spamers have come crawling out of their holes to try to prey on us. After posting my daughter and granddaughter's gorgeous picture, I got a comment. The comment started, "I like your blog it is very creative." I smiled, proudly, until, I finished reading the comment. It went on to say I could make money selling scooters and invited me to find out how at a certain web site. Blah!!

Luckily, I found there is a sort of off button on my blog settings. From now on, if you want to leave comments for me, you will have to copy one of those wavy word pictures. I know it is somewhat inconvenient, and I am sorry about that, but just when I was trying to decide if it was worth restricting comments this way, I found I had just then gotten two more advertising comment spams on my daughter and granddaughter's gorgeous picture.

So, I deleted the offending comments and changed the setting to word verification for your comments.

No comments: